In a recent article published on the Telegraph's website it was revealed that nine out...
Do nurses want to work in a care home rather than for the NHS?
In a recent article published on a leading care website www.carehome.co.uk it was revealed that nurses would rather work in a care home than for and the NHS. However here are a few facts:
- just like any part of the healthcare sector, there are good and bad nursing homes but the good nursing homes can offer;
- better pay rates than the NHS for nurses starting their career,
- greater working hours flexibility and better opportunities to deliver person centred care
- more time to deliver care means better outcomes for residents – that has to be the best incentive!
- the NHS is putting in a tremendous amount of effort and resources into recruiting from around the world.
- some nurses only want to work in hospitals but many are open to the best offer or the job that provides the best job satisfaction.
- the reality is that there is a high failure rate for EU nurses in the NHS – this should tell candidates a lot.
To read the article in full please click here.